Burns Community
Burns

Burns are damage to any body tissue that is caused by chemicals, electricity, flammable liquids, flammable gases, fire, heat, hot liquids, fire, radiation, steam or sunlight. Discuss topics including sunburns, rug burns, varying degrees of burns and how to treat them.

Burns

my grandson was a 11 years old. while cooking hamburger on a grill he put more lighter fuld on the coals and shut the top of the grill. Flame came out from the both of the grill. burnt his face (lower part) & mouth about a 3rd degree burn. we put him in a cold shower and he was talking to us and walk out to the amblane bed in the front yard. Till the care flight got there to fly him to a bigger hospital the care flight people but a tube in for him to breathe. while in flight he coded and they had to stop at a small hospital. They said that his lungs were burnt and it was bad. he pass a way ater coding 10X. What happen from the time he walk to amblane to the time he pass a way, maybe you cloud explain it to a lay person like me.

This discussion is related to urgent,please help.
Tags: burn
You certainly have my sympathies and condolances.

The definitive answer to what happened from a medical standpoint can only be obtained from the medical examiner's autopsy report, generally only available to immediate family members. This report usually takes three to eight weeks to prepare.

It appears that putting him in a cold shower and calling for an ambulance was the right thing to do.

"Monday-morning-quarterbacking" is not helpful. The decision to move him to a more well-equipped facility was, I am sure, a difficult one.

We must assume that every medical person involved did their absolute best within the limits of technology to save your grandson. Sometimes "the best efforts" aren't enough.

The "breathing tube" was part of a procedure called "endotracheal intubation". A plastic tube is inserted into the trachea and down until the lung branches. A small balloon cuff prevents air leakake. The tube is secured externally by tape. This is standard correct procedure and absolutely the proper thing to do.

I will say a prayer for your grandson.