Burns Expert Forum
Cigarette burn

This forum is for questions and support regarding burn issues such as: Hand burns, Pediatric Burns, Thermal burns, Electrical burns, Chemical burns, Radiation burns, Rehab/Recovery, Pain control, Psychological / Social Recovery, Scar Management, Smoke inhalation, Disaster Management, Skin and Soft Tissue Infections.

Cigarette burn
didnt know if this belonged here, but i received a pretty bad burn on my arm from a cigarette. (i dont smoke, someone else did it to me) but anyways, its like a 2nd degree burn, ive had it for about a week and a half. ive been cleaning it and neosporin'ing it often. the top layer was white. i was told this would break down. but when i am in the shower, i saw the layer of white practically peal itself off, and underneath was another layer of white. is this supposed to happen? ive been checking and i have no infections, but is it supposed to still be white under the white layer that broke off? thanks.
The white of the burn makes it sound like the burn is full thickness in depth or third degree.  A topical antibiotic such as neosporin or silvadene is appropriate.  I would wash the wound twice daily with water and use a soap such as dial or ivory.   A burn of that depth is going to leave a scar.  Sorry.  
I had a cigarette burn which sounds like yours but I never really treated it. It has left a scar though. If it starts to smell I would see a DR.
I have 2 cig burns from over a year ago, both pritty bad, both took pigment out and hair no longer grows in those circular spots... if you can get prescription medicine to take care of it , do it!