Burns Expert Forum
Cigarette burn
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding burn issues such as: Hand burns, Pediatric Burns, Thermal burns, Electrical burns, Chemical burns, Radiation burns, Rehab/Recovery, Pain control, Psychological / Social Recovery, Scar Management, Smoke inhalation, Disaster Management, Skin and Soft Tissue Infections.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Cigarette burn

didnt know if this belonged here, but i received a pretty bad burn on my arm from a cigarette. (i dont smoke, someone else did it to me) but anyways, its like a 2nd degree burn, ive had it for about a week and a half. ive been cleaning it and neosporin'ing it often. the top layer was white. i was told this would break down. but when i am in the shower, i saw the layer of white practically peal itself off, and underneath was another layer of white. is this supposed to happen? ive been checking and i have no infections, but is it supposed to still be white under the white layer that broke off? thanks.
Tags: silvadene