Concrete Chemucal Burn
What are the long term effects of 2nd and 3rd degree burns to knees?  My fiance has lumps forming in his knees, they are soft like there is fluid build up behind the lumps. I am very concenered about possible infection behind the skin. He was burned a little over a year ago. Please help I am extremely concenered it also affects his walking and working.

This discussion is related to Long-term effects of burns.
Not many people are aware you can get a serious chemical burn from concrete.

The organization with deep knowledge of the treatment of concrete burns is:

The Portland Cement Association
5420 Old Orchard Road
Skoki, Il 60077

I should warn you they are extremely gunshy about becoming involved in litigation, however they have a voluminous (albeit confidential and proprietary) library containing medical histories and treatments of those who have recieved concrete burns. In the past they have been helpful in providing the U.S. Army Corp of Engineers with information regarding concrete burns and treatment.
We are not in litigation.  I just need to know what affects there may be I am extremely concerned about the lumps that are forming under the skin and the fact that it is becoming harder and harder for him to walk.  Some of the medical websites I have been to say that there may be infection behind the skin because of the severity of the burns.