Burns Expert Forum
Face burn

This forum is for questions and support regarding burn issues such as: Hand burns, Pediatric Burns, Thermal burns, Electrical burns, Chemical burns, Radiation burns, Rehab/Recovery, Pain control, Psychological / Social Recovery, Scar Management, Smoke inhalation, Disaster Management, Skin and Soft Tissue Infections.

Face burn

I have a burn scar on the side of my face that is several years old and never completely healed.  It's an oblong 1" scar, and the top part keeps scabbing and periodically bleeding slightly.  Is there a way to make it heal and stop bleeding?  Thanks.
The fact that it is several years old and still opening is very problematic.  Perhaps the best approach would be to have a surgeon evaluate it for excision and revision.  This is likey to remove the problem  area are give you a more cosmetic closure.
-1 Comments
A related discussion, facial burn symptoms was started.