Burns Expert Forum
Facial Burns

This forum is for questions and support regarding burn issues such as: Hand burns, Pediatric Burns, Thermal burns, Electrical burns, Chemical burns, Radiation burns, Rehab/Recovery, Pain control, Psychological / Social Recovery, Scar Management, Smoke inhalation, Disaster Management, Skin and Soft Tissue Infections.

Facial Burns
I just burnt the hell out of my face. I was cooking gumbo and it splattered up on my face. It really hurts and I don't want a scar. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Artchick5
Use a mild soap like dial or ivory. An antibiotic such as bacitracin or triple antibiotic ointment that you can get over the counter should be fine.  The factors that determine the depth of a particular burn are the temperature of the agent and the duration of exposure.   Avoidance of infection is to protect potentially vulnerable tissue from further injury (secondary to the infection) resulting in a deepening of the wound.  

If you have pain in your eyes you need to be seen by a doctor to evaluate for a possible scratch to the surface or cornea of the eye.  
A related discussion, burn was started.
A related discussion, Acne medication was started.