Burns Expert Forum
Home remedy for acne burned my face
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding burn issues such as: Hand burns, Pediatric Burns, Thermal burns, Electrical burns, Chemical burns, Radiation burns, Rehab/Recovery, Pain control, Psychological / Social Recovery, Scar Management, Smoke inhalation, Disaster Management, Skin and Soft Tissue Infections.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Home remedy for acne burned my face

I have had a bad experience with a home remedy of placing crushed garlic on my face overnight for acne. I am an african American female and this garlic has seemed to actually cause charred black burn marks and blisters in the areas where I placed  the crushed garlic. Can you sugget what I can put on my face to heal and prevent discoloration?
Related Discussions
303398_tn?1193102884
Given what you have described, for a superfical burn to the face I would wash the face a couple of times daily with an antimicrobial soap (eg. Dial) and water. You can place a mild topical antibiotics such as "triple antibiotic" or even something like vaseline.  Discoloration following a burn can take weeks to even months.   There is nothing you can do to accelerate this, but there are things to avoid such as excessive sunlight.  
-7 Comments
Blank
Thank you so much for the quick reply, I was putting 1% hydrocortisone cream during the night and aloe vera gel during the day  on the burns caused by crushed garlic and washing my face with plain water. However I will change the regimen you described. Again, thank you.
Blank
303398_tn?1193102884
Aloe vera gel is pretty good stuff, but I'm not a big fan of steroids on a healing wound.  
Blank
A related discussion, please help me was started.
Blank
A related discussion, My facce burns!!!!! was started.
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank
242532_tn?1269553979