Burns Expert Forum
Home remedy for acne burned my face
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding burn issues such as: Hand burns, Pediatric Burns, Thermal burns, Electrical burns, Chemical burns, Radiation burns, Rehab/Recovery, Pain control, Psychological / Social Recovery, Scar Management, Smoke inhalation, Disaster Management, Skin and Soft Tissue Infections.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Home remedy for acne burned my face

I have had a bad experience with a home remedy of placing crushed garlic on my face overnight for acne. I am an african American female and this garlic has seemed to actually cause charred black burn marks and blisters in the areas where I placed  the crushed garlic. Can you sugget what I can put on my face to heal and prevent discoloration?
Related Discussions
303398_tn?1193102884
Given what you have described, for a superfical burn to the face I would wash the face a couple of times daily with an antimicrobial soap (eg. Dial) and water. You can place a mild topical antibiotics such as "triple antibiotic" or even something like vaseline.  Discoloration following a burn can take weeks to even months.   There is nothing you can do to accelerate this, but there are things to avoid such as excessive sunlight.  
-7 Comments
Blank
Thank you so much for the quick reply, I was putting 1% hydrocortisone cream during the night and aloe vera gel during the day  on the burns caused by crushed garlic and washing my face with plain water. However I will change the regimen you described. Again, thank you.
Blank
303398_tn?1193102884
Aloe vera gel is pretty good stuff, but I'm not a big fan of steroids on a healing wound.  
Blank
A related discussion, please help me was started.
Blank
A related discussion, My facce burns!!!!! was started.
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...
19 hrs ago by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank
242532_tn?1269553979