Burns Expert Forum
Home remedy for acne burned my face

This forum is for questions and support regarding burn issues such as: Hand burns, Pediatric Burns, Thermal burns, Electrical burns, Chemical burns, Radiation burns, Rehab/Recovery, Pain control, Psychological / Social Recovery, Scar Management, Smoke inhalation, Disaster Management, Skin and Soft Tissue Infections.

Home remedy for acne burned my face
I have had a bad experience with a home remedy of placing crushed garlic on my face overnight for acne. I am an african American female and this garlic has seemed to actually cause charred black burn marks and blisters in the areas where I placed  the crushed garlic. Can you sugget what I can put on my face to heal and prevent discoloration?
Given what you have described, for a superfical burn to the face I would wash the face a couple of times daily with an antimicrobial soap (eg. Dial) and water. You can place a mild topical antibiotics such as "triple antibiotic" or even something like vaseline.  Discoloration following a burn can take weeks to even months.   There is nothing you can do to accelerate this, but there are things to avoid such as excessive sunlight.  
Thank you so much for the quick reply, I was putting 1% hydrocortisone cream during the night and aloe vera gel during the day  on the burns caused by crushed garlic and washing my face with plain water. However I will change the regimen you described. Again, thank you.
Aloe vera gel is pretty good stuff, but I'm not a big fan of steroids on a healing wound.  
A related discussion, please help me was started.
A related discussion, My facce burns!!!!! was started.