Burns Community
I burned my penis skin with a light bulb.
About This Community:

Burns are damage to any body tissue that is caused by chemicals, electricity, flammable liquids, flammable gases, fire, heat, hot liquids, fire, radiation, steam or sunlight. Discuss topics including sunburns, rug burns, varying degrees of burns and how to treat them.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank

I burned my penis skin with a light bulb.

Hello,  Yep, it's embarrassing, but anyway, I have a small white dot at the top of the shaft (in the skin fold part).  It hurt when the bulb contacted with it (last night) and turned white, but no pain now.  Does it sound like it will heal?  Thank you for your help.
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hi,

This sounds like a mild injury. Did the skin peel off? Is there any swollen or edematous skin in the affected area?

I suggest that you have this assessed by your physician. Refrain from unnecessarily touching the area to prevent any infections. One thing to prevent here is infecting the area which may be encouraged by the disrupted skin. Discuss this with your physician. You may need antimicrobial cream for this.

The area will likely heal. Healing may be delayed if an underlying infection is present

Blank
Thanks Vanessa,

mmm, it's kind of small but a valuable appendage (to use Kramer's words!).  Swollen - yeah, I think a small bit was white and swollen.  Peeled off - yes, some has seemed to peel and is a scabby color.  

I'm living in Asia and embarrassed about seeing a doctor, I guess.  It is small.  About infection:  I won't touch it and seeing the area it's in, it seems difficult to infect.  

One thing:  Seeing as I don't know if it's 1st or 3rd degree or what (albeit very very small), can healthy surrounding skin "stretch" and cover a dead spot??  
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Burns Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...