Burns Community
Patches
About This Community:

Burns are damage to any body tissue that is caused by chemicals, electricity, flammable liquids, flammable gases, fire, heat, hot liquids, fire, radiation, steam or sunlight. Discuss topics including sunburns, rug burns, varying degrees of burns and how to treat them.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Patches

Why are small hairless patches getting larger on my chin? A long time ago, back in 2003 I burned my entire face with 2nd and 3rd degree burns. I was hospitalized and released days later and cared for my wounds for weeks. I am proud to say I have no noticable damage. The dermatologist I saw said my skin now is like baby skin, it's new. A few years later I was a breakfast cook and grease jumped up and bit me in the chin. No hair grew in that spot, but it was very very small, no biggie. Recently I picked up welding. I don't recall burning my face since, atleast nothing major ofcourse, however, that tiny spot on my chin is now the size of a quarter and another right next to it about the size of the tip of my pinky finger. The original spot has grown quadruple it's size and seems to spread. What's going on? Is this going to stop? Do have I have a serious problem?
Related Discussions
563773_tn?1374250139
Hello,
I cannot confirm anything without examination but these spots can be due to damage to the hair follicles after burns or due to some fungal infection of the area like in tinea barbae.

The disease is considered to be a form of superficial mycosis or dermatophytosis.
Fungal spores can be transmitted through contact with an infected person, fallen infected hairs, or fomites, which are contaminated objects.Shaving or hair depilation is recommended with warm compresses to remove crusts and debris. Topical formulations with antifungal compounds (eg, shampoo, lotion, cream) can be applied, but tinea barbae requires oral antifungal therapy.

In my opinion you should talk to a cosmetologist/dermatologist about this and get this evaluated.
Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how  you are doing or if you have any additional queries.Kind regards.

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Burns Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...