Salicylic Acid Burn
I had a pimple and I used salicylic acid (garnier spot treatment) to try to get rid of it. It was a gel and it formed a layer of dead skin on the pimple and then when I gently cleansed my skin, that layer of dead skin came off exposing the new sensitive skin beneath. Because the pimple was smaller but still there, I applied more salicylic acid on, not thinking about it. Now the pimple is gone but I have a big brown blotch on my skin resembling a burn mark. I have been moisturizing it because it feels dry. I was just wondering if this is going to scar/leave a mark or if it will go away completely in some time. It is only a surface burn and not very deep.

Any suggestions or help would be much appreciated.

Thank you,
Hi and welcome. You might take a trip to Neiman Marcus. In the cosmetic area they sell a product developed by a doctor who himself was a burn victim. Its called Perricone MD.
Seriously, it is only a surface burn though!
Is it that bad?
I did something similar to you and six months later it has not healed. I was curious if you had any luck