Burns Community
Salicylic Acid Burn
About This Community:

Burns are damage to any body tissue that is caused by chemicals, electricity, flammable liquids, flammable gases, fire, heat, hot liquids, fire, radiation, steam or sunlight. Discuss topics including sunburns, rug burns, varying degrees of burns and how to treat them.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Salicylic Acid Burn

I had a pimple and I used salicylic acid (garnier spot treatment) to try to get rid of it. It was a gel and it formed a layer of dead skin on the pimple and then when I gently cleansed my skin, that layer of dead skin came off exposing the new sensitive skin beneath. Because the pimple was smaller but still there, I applied more salicylic acid on, not thinking about it. Now the pimple is gone but I have a big brown blotch on my skin resembling a burn mark. I have been moisturizing it because it feels dry. I was just wondering if this is going to scar/leave a mark or if it will go away completely in some time. It is only a surface burn and not very deep.

Any suggestions or help would be much appreciated.

Thank you,
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
3149845_tn?1386354841
Hi and welcome. You might take a trip to Neiman Marcus. In the cosmetic area they sell a product developed by a doctor who himself was a burn victim. Its called Perricone MD.
Blank
5224026_tn?1365427530
Seriously, it is only a surface burn though!
Blank
5224026_tn?1365427530
Is it that bad?
Blank
I did something similar to you and six months later it has not healed. I was curious if you had any luck
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Burns Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...