Burns Community
Unpleasant Sensation

Burns are damage to any body tissue that is caused by chemicals, electricity, flammable liquids, flammable gases, fire, heat, hot liquids, fire, radiation, steam or sunlight. Discuss topics including sunburns, rug burns, varying degrees of burns and how to treat them.

Unpleasant Sensation

I've had a burning sensation and it won't go away. I went to the doctor and got checked for std and yeast everything came back negative. What could this be?
Hi!
I assume you are talking about a burning sensation in vagina because you tested for STD and yeast infection. This burning sensation can be due to cuts, allergy to undergarments, personal care products etc or due to vaginal dryness. There are many medical problems that cause vaginal dryness such as hypothyroidism, Sjogren’s syndrome, vaginitis or inflammation of vagina, dermatitis of skin around vagina, condom allergy, or allergy to soaps and lotions. Menopause and low estrogen is another cause. Please consult your gynecologist regarding this. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.