Burns Community
Yellow crusts in head after sunburn

Burns are damage to any body tissue that is caused by chemicals, electricity, flammable liquids, flammable gases, fire, heat, hot liquids, fire, radiation, steam or sunlight. Discuss topics including sunburns, rug burns, varying degrees of burns and how to treat them.

Yellow crusts in head after sunburn

HI,
I am 17 years old. Before a week I cut my hair really short (0.5) and before some days I went at the sea and I got sunburned in my head. Now the scalp of my head is red and is a bit painful. Yesterday I saw some small really greasy yellow crusts on top of my head that can be removed. Today I have more of them. What are they? I am really worried.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? Are there other symptoms present? With sunburn, the skin usually turns red and feel warm, may begin to itch and become painful. In some cases, blisters may appear  and within a few days, the skin will begin to scale and peel. Signs of blister infection include increased redness or pain, and thick, yellow discharge from the blisters. In particular, impetigo is a skin infection caused by bacteria and characterized by small blisters that form yellow crusts when ruptured. It is important that to wash the infected areas with soap and water to prevent spreading. Topical antiseptic ointments  may also be indicated. Have this checked by your doctor for proper evaluation. Direct clinical examiantion s important. Take care and do keep us posted.