Burns Expert Forum
burns to feet
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding burn issues such as: Hand burns, Pediatric Burns, Thermal burns, Electrical burns, Chemical burns, Radiation burns, Rehab/Recovery, Pain control, Psychological / Social Recovery, Scar Management, Smoke inhalation, Disaster Management, Skin and Soft Tissue Infections.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

burns to feet

I was in a grease fire in July of 1992. I was burned over 24% of my body--both feet, right calf, left back of thigh from knee, buttocks, and left hand. I've done really well over the years--it took a couple of years to walk without tingling and with shoes-not "moon shoes" as I called them--thick padding with velcro straps. I was at UAB for 22 days and after coming home returned once weekly for pictures and care. I have a skin graft on arch of left foot and a graft on foot that covers my big toe and the next two toes--I've handled these burns very well emotionally, but lately my feet after a long time standing hurt and swell around my ankles. Sometimes it takes a full day and a half to recover from the swelling. I  swell around my face; especially on my eyelids. I've had my heart checked--and it's okay. I'm 49 now and I wonder if it's the burns on my feet--circulation-or possibly my kidneys that may be retaining fluid. I have fibroid tumors and I urinate many times during the day with sometimes not getting all the urine out. I also have extreme itchy skin that is severly dry and drives me crazy because I can't get comfortable. I'm still having a menstrual cycle and use natural progesterone 2   weeks out of the month. What should I do or can I do? Polly49