eyelid very sore from burn
last night i had a minor accident  whilst lighting the cooker, after several flicks of the ignition light  i opened the oven and the bottom of the cooker blasted out with a blast of light which has left me wi
th a minor burn to my wrist, which i treated with cold running water for a long time, and its better today, however, my left eyelid is still quite sore today, and both eyelashes were partially burnt.,  I did not go to hospital, because i didnt feel it was serious, but what can i use on my eyelid to ease the soreness?
If you were come to our clinic we would first want to make sure that you did not scratch or burn the surface of the eye or cornea.  When this happens, patients complain that their eye feels like they have sand in it.  The to treat the burn on eyelids we will often optholamic bacitracin.  Often when on puts any topical ointment on the eyelid it typically melts and runs in to the eye and can irritate the eye.  If you don't have  this I would place a mild topical antibiotics to the are like a bacitracin or a triple antibiotic.  Go to a doctor immediately if you notice the eye lid getting tight, or if your family notes that your eyelid is not closed completely when you sleep. This type of scarring can cause the eye to dry and create a new set of problems.