Burns Community
old 3rd degree burn

Burns are damage to any body tissue that is caused by chemicals, electricity, flammable liquids, flammable gases, fire, heat, hot liquids, fire, radiation, steam or sunlight. Discuss topics including sunburns, rug burns, varying degrees of burns and how to treat them.

old 3rd degree burn

i have a 3rd degree burn my right leg which are in patches,basically covered my whole leg it's about 11 years since i burn i never did rehab,wound care stuff because i was so young.now that i am older i have noticed my blood rushing to my feet at time,the outsides of it itches terrible but creams don't help,if a instect bit on a part of it directly on top of a vein it hurts like crazy,i have tried to get referred to a doctor but they say it looks fine you don't need to see one,though i have photos of it.what can i do
and lately since i have been sick with unknown bacteria infections the leg seems to hurt all of unsudden.
Hello Ashley,
I am responding much later than your posting, but I hope this still reaches you. Have you ever tried local RAW honey or bee pollen? Bacteria cannot survive in the presence of raw honey products!! Something about what those little tiny bees can do!!! If your not allergic to honey or bee's, try looking into it, or ask your Dr. You can use honey products externally or internally. Best if it's raw.
Hello Ashley,
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? Do you still experience the symptoms you mentioned in your post? Can you elaborate on the unknown bacterial infection you had? Were you able to see your doctor? To determine the underlying microorganism responsible in your leg infection,  culture of the wound discharge may help. Also,burn scar tissue lacks the usual oil glands found in normal skin and can lead to dry skin which is prone to itching. Hydration and intake of antihistamine medications may help. However, it is best that you have this checked by your doctor for proper management. Take care and do keep us posted.