severe pain
I was in the sun for awhile yesterday and got a rather severe sunburn spreading from my shoulders all the way down my arms and on the backs of my hands. It is very painful. And blisters are already showing up. I am very pale mostly because I am mostly Irish. It is also spread on my chest as I was wearing a low cut shirt. It is very painful and I am not sure what to do. I have tried cold compresses and drinking plenty of water. What else should I do?
How are you? Were you able to have your sunburn checked by a doctor? Indeed, people with fair skin are more likely to get sunburn and sun exposure can also cause first and second degree burns. Pain medications and creams may help relieve the pain but direct clinical examination by a doctor is highly recommended for these types of sunburn. Take care and do keep us posted.