760?1284565444
CLOMID CLUB User Group
Short Luteal Phase and Clomid
About This Group:

A group for all the ladies who have been on clomid or are about to start.We can share information about the drug and help and support each other along the way.

Founded by bevfly on September 15, 2010
274 members

Short Luteal Phase and Clomid

Hi Everyone,

As I have researched success stories about taking clomid, I have learned that most woman that become pregnant off of using clomid, have had specific reasons for taking it. For example, someone with PCOS who takes clomid, typically will conceive, since the clomid is fixing the problem.

In my situation, I believe I had a short luteal phase, periods 24 to 26 days apart, therefore, after my doctor ran the tube test on me and my tubes are good and then he tested my boyfriends sperm and his lil swimmers are good, well, he put me on clomid. He never did any tests regarding my ovulation before the clomid, I am now on my second cycle of clomid. I am wondering if he automatically assumed that my problem was the short luteal phase. I have read that a short luteal phase could prevent implantation and that I very well may have conceived before but it could have passed through my cycles.

I guess I am just wondering if the clomid will help me if a short luteal phase is my problem? Does anyone have any feedback? Please help!! I would love to hear anyone's success stories behind clomid fixing their short luteal phase and actually conceiving. I really appreciate it in advance!!
just because you have a short cycle it doesnt nessecarily mean you have a short LP, that would depend on what day of a 24-26 day cycle you ovulate.  I think the dr's use clomid in unexplained infertility to increase your chance as it can increase the amount and quality of eggs you produce.  I guess the clomid could also change your cycle length.

I have used clomid for pcos so dont have a short LP issue, but from what ive read (im no expert) i think your dr would have prescribed a progesterone suppliment if they felt this was the issue as the drop in progesterone levels bring on your period and therefore end your LP.  I'm sure your dr would have told you if your LP was an issue.

Hope this helps, good luck 8 )

MH Users...please feel free to correct me if i'm wrong about the progesterone suppliments, as i said i'm no expert * )

i just found this article

http://www.justmommies.com/articles/luteal-phase-defect.shtml
Hi There,

Thank you so much for the feedback! It helps a lot!! I wish I knew what days of my old cycles that I actually ovulated, if I did. I never had any luck with the opk's back then but then again, I wasn't consistent with it. At all. I did however notice a lot of ewcm right after my period before I started this infertility stuff. So who knows, maybe I ovulated early. Not sure. But the clomid has seemed to make me a regular 28 day cycle.

Thank you for the article! I am going to check it out ;)

Good luck to you as well and lots of baby dust!!!
KeeLolo only 4 1/2 more hours and I... Comment
KeeLolo commented on KeeLolo's status
KeeLolo commented on photo