COPD User Group
Surgery risk greater for COPD people?
About This Group:

group for COPD and emphysema adults. Including people who are on home oxygen. We get no real instruction from our doctors about our use of oxygen (when you don't have to be hooked to it); vacationing with your equipment. A forum where we can discuss with others our experiences and share ideas and questions about our breathing problems and how we cope day to day.

Founded by indyhoosier on October 2, 2009
27 members

Surgery risk greater for COPD people?

Hi everyone, my question: Have any of you had surgery declined because of the risk factor of COPD?  I have been told on several occasions that the risk out weighs the benefits and none of my disorders are great enough to be put under anesthesia because of the risk of not coming of the ventilator.  I have COPD, and was on life support for 10 days in 2002, so am wondering if this puts me in a different category for surgical risk?  Thanks
1 Comment
There is a lot of stuff about invasive problems in the german forum: http://forum-copd.de/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2 you should read along there
Bjenmen commented on HIVES
Oct 03
down
Sep 25 by laddie104
Eveningsun joined this group
Welcome them!
Dec 29