606?1268881407
Canadian Women Together User Group
Just wanted to say hello!
About This Group:

This is a group for Canadian women that are going through-> *TTC *Pregnancy (and everything that goes with it) *Post Pregnancy *Mother Hood (any Canadian that has kids of any age) *Anything and Everything a Canadian mom wants to ask ->Unnecessary comments and behaviour will not be tolerated! It is in the hope that this group will provide some answers to those that are living in the same country. Not everywhere is the same and we all know our medical systems work in different ways. *Here's to making new friends and helping each other out!

Founded by TeddiH on March 17, 2010
31 members

Just wanted to say hello!

Hi there! My name is Erica, I'm 30 years old from Halifax, NS. I am pregnant with my second (3rd pregnancy in all), my DD is almost 4 and can't wait to be a big sister! I am currently 34 weeks preggers and on bed rest for now, as I am displaying signs and symptoms of pre term labour. Glad to see there's a group on here for Canadian women. It's true that we don't get as many u/s's or the same info when we go to the Dr's, so it's nice to have people on here who can relate to what we're going through. :o)
Haha.. I may as well ride the coattails of Erica up there.. since I wouldn't have found this group without reading that she'd just joined it!

I'm 27, from Halifax as well.. 38 weeks pregnant with an active ninja starfish.

What a great group to be a part of!  I'll second Erica and say that yes, there are some glaring differences between the American and Canadian medical systems.. and it'll be great to have a forum to discuss our experiences/expectations.

Cheers to all & looking forward to some great chats!
I also wanted to mention, I'm glad to be somewhere that no one thinks I'm spelling labour or colour wrong! lol! :o)
Hi there Erica!!  Wow, I can't believe you are 34 weeks already.  Time flies so quickly.  Hope your feeling good, and cant' wait to read that birth story (and see lots and lots of pics...hint hint..lol)

Amanda
Amanda,
I'm doing ok! I'm still having some strong contractions every day, but nothing like the frequent contractions of last week. I'm seeing my dr weekly already, so that's a bit of a drag, but TOTALLY worth it! I can't believe my due date is coming up so fast! I told the baby it's gotta stay in there until after DD's birthday, May 4th. (and preferably after DH's birthday on the 12th too!) Hope Ryder's doing well!
I contracted for weeks as well, although they were inconsistant.  Such a pain...physically and emotionally.  But yes, your right, all worth it.  I remember well all you went through to get pregnant and am so happy for you!!  Ryder is doing great, can you believe he is almost 3 months old?  Funny, I can no longer remember what life was like without him, he is just incredible!!!  I had no idea infants did so much...everyday is something new!  I love motherhood, it is the best thing I ever did!  You tell that little one to hang in there at least 4 more weeks.  Sounds like you have an impatient one...lol.  
Yeah, I think it's a boy, lol! It seems like yesterday that you were putting up pics of your little newborn!! 3 months?!? WOW!! After we had DD, I looked at DH and said..."What the h*ll did we do with all of our time before we had her?!" It's so true how much they learn and grow everyday! I bet his personality is starting to shine these days! Just saw your status...hope you got some sleep last night!
Congratulations and Welcome to the group!
I will try to help out with any questions you may have!
Hi Erica,
Just wanted to say hello and glad that you are here also!  We certainly need this group!  I love that Teddi started this all Canadian group!

Sandi (Dragon1973) Down syndrome Group Founder/Moderator
Hi Sandi! We certainly did! Who else can I complain to about EI forms and sick leave before maternity leave, lol! In all seriousness, it's hard sometimes to relate to the American medical system, so it's nice to have people to relate to. Cheers!
LOL I had to laugh about spelling colour and labour....funny though, no one has mentioned it!
You ladies are right...the health systems are totally different...I can't believe how much some women pay for small things. I think that's a big reason for this website...many women have quite the issues and will wait until the very last minute to see a doc!

Erica...hope you don't get too bored on bedrest!!!!
Heatherm4.. I'm officially off bedrest now, since the baby is safe to come any time now! YAY! It was really hard, as I have a 4 year old, so not being able to go out and play with her was HARD!
Erica congrats on being off bedrest! Wishing you the best!!!
Shannon79 commented on Shannon79's status
1 hr ago
Shannon79 commented on K_Bmomma's status
1 hr ago
Shannon79 Ugh! I hate job searching Comment
1 hr ago