606?1268881407
Canadian Women Together User Group
Maternity Leave Club!!
About This Group:

This is a group for Canadian women that are going through-> *TTC *Pregnancy (and everything that goes with it) *Post Pregnancy *Mother Hood (any Canadian that has kids of any age) *Anything and Everything a Canadian mom wants to ask ->Unnecessary comments and behaviour will not be tolerated! It is in the hope that this group will provide some answers to those that are living in the same country. Not everywhere is the same and we all know our medical systems work in different ways. *Here's to making new friends and helping each other out!

Founded by TeddiH on March 17, 2010
31 members

Maternity Leave Club!!

Hi everyone!

I'm just wondering if anyone else is currently on mat leave?  My son is now 5.5 months old and I'll be going back to work towards the beginning of February. This is my second maternity leave - I also have a 3.5 year old who will be 4 in October.

I'm loving being home in the summertime - I love being here to watch DS discover the world around him every day, he and I go out for a walk pretty much every day and I'm in better shape than I'd be if I were working (office job) and I'm fortunate enough to have the means to continue sending my older son to daycare part-time so that I have some one-on-one time with the baby).  With that being said,, I'm dreading the inevitable return of the colder weather which also coincides with the return to work of a couple of friends of mine who are currently on mat leave with me.  I'm definitely not complaining about being home, though, don't get me wrong:  I really cherish this time and seeing how little time our friends in the US get after they've had a baby, I do realize how good we have it here!

Anyway.....please feel free to post on this thread, share your thoughts about mat leave, rants, raves, what you and your little one(s) are up to! :-)
KTowne commented on photo
Hollus commented on photo
Shannon79 commented on photo