Maternity Leave Club!!
Hi everyone!

I'm just wondering if anyone else is currently on mat leave?  My son is now 5.5 months old and I'll be going back to work towards the beginning of February. This is my second maternity leave - I also have a 3.5 year old who will be 4 in October.

I'm loving being home in the summertime - I love being here to watch DS discover the world around him every day, he and I go out for a walk pretty much every day and I'm in better shape than I'd be if I were working (office job) and I'm fortunate enough to have the means to continue sending my older son to daycare part-time so that I have some one-on-one time with the baby).  With that being said,, I'm dreading the inevitable return of the colder weather which also coincides with the return to work of a couple of friends of mine who are currently on mat leave with me.  I'm definitely not complaining about being home, though, don't get me wrong:  I really cherish this time and seeing how little time our friends in the US get after they've had a baby, I do realize how good we have it here!

Anyway.....please feel free to post on this thread, share your thoughts about mat leave, rants, raves, what you and your little one(s) are up to! :-)
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
Shannon79 commented on Belle313's status
Feb 05
Shannon79 Running on fumes today. P's... Comment
Feb 05
Shannon79 commented on KeeLolo's status
Feb 05