Recieved a speciman of left lung measuring 20 X 12 X 3 cm. External surface is unremarkable. On sectioning , a soft to firm white tumour measuring 3 X 2.4 X 1.3 cm is seen. It is 0.3 cm away from the pleura and 2 cm away from vascular cut margin. Adjacent lung parenchyma is unremarkable.
1. Bronchial Cut Margin- Bronchial Cut Margin measuring 1 X 1 cm, Grossly unremarkable.
2. AP Window node- Recieved single node measuring 1 cm in diameter, grossly unremarkable.
3. para-aortic node- 2 nodes dissected, largest measuring 1 X 0.7 X 0.5 cm, grossly unremarkable.
Left lung lobectomy
1) Poorly differentiated adenocarcinoma of left lung
2) The overlying pleura is uninvolved
3) Necrosis is seen
4) Lymphovascular emboli and perineural invation are not seen
5) Bronchial cut margin is free of tumour.
6) Adjacent lung parenchyma shows partial collapse
7) AP window node- Single node negative for metastasis is seen
8) Para-aortic nodes: Two nodes negative for metastasis are seen.
Left lung lobectomy:- Poorly differentiated adenocarcinoma of left lung with reactive regional nodes.
1] What are the chances of cancer getting back.?
2] What precosions needs to be taken?
3] what kind of routine checkups needed ?
4] what dieat i should follow ?
Copyright 1994-2016 MedHelp International. All rights reserved.
MedHelp is a division of Aptus Health.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information.
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. Med Help International, Inc. is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.