Cancer Surgery Expert Forum
CFIDS and Chemo therapy

Questions in the Cancer Surgery forum cover surgery for all types of cancers.

CFIDS and Chemo therapy
I have Chronic Fatigue Immune Dysfunction Syndrome since 1991.  My natural killer cells are around 10.  I receive IVIG, 30 grams every three weeks to help keep infections at bay.  I recently completed mammosite radiation and the question to have chemo or not lingers.  I was told by two physicians using the oncotype DX as a model, that I fall into a gray area because my recurrence score is 15.  I was told this is a three percent differential whether I take chemo or I don't take chemo.  I am afraid to move forward because I know the chemo will completely wipe out what immune system I have and may open the door to opportunistic infections.  I really need guidance and the doctors are unwilling to comment one way or the other.  I need to know if the benefit will outweigh the complications.  Can you please help me?
Sandy Waller
(951)302-9186
***@****
A related discussion, large tumor was started.