Cancer Surgery Expert Forum
Lung Cancer Surgery

Questions in the Cancer Surgery forum cover surgery for all types of cancers.

Lung Cancer Surgery
My mother was recently diagnosed with Lung cancer.  It was found on her lower left lung and in her lymph nodes.  The Doctors are doing radiation and planning on Chemo.  They basically told us that this is "not curable" and that this is basically just prolonging the time till she dies.  1-2 years at best, a few weeks if she does not repond to treatment.  I love my mother more than life itself and would do anything to help her.  I was wondering it would be possible to do a surgery to remove the cancerous lung?  Would that help her?  They say its not an options.  However, I would pay for it myself and basically if we go down, I want to go down fighting.  I dont see the point to do the treatments that they know will not cure her.

1.  Is there even a 1in 1000 chance of the sugery working?
2.  Would you reccommened a doctor or instituation where I can get it done for her.

Thank you kindly for any advice.

Jason.
why cant they do surgery????  and how is she doing now
A related discussion, What are the types of surgery for Lung Cancer? was started.