Cancer Surgery Expert Forum
Removed one lymph node...

Questions in the Cancer Surgery forum cover surgery for all types of cancers.

Removed one lymph node...
Dear Doctor,
I was diagnosed with a lipoma of my right arm near the elbow.  The plastic surgeon told me he removed a lipoma but upon biopsy it turned out that he had removed a lymph node (the good news if there is any is it was cancer free).
He barely spoke to me other than to mention he had removed a lymph node, it was cancer free and I should be fine.  Shook my hand and I was out.
After doing a little research, I am very concerned about my potential for lymphedema now.  The doctor mentioned nothing to me and  until yesterday I was going along under the impression it was simply a lipoma he had removed.
Can you give me any input?
Yours,
Rob
There is minimal risk of lymphedema with removal of one lymph node, less than 1% good news that the mass was a cancer free lymph node