Cancer Surgery Expert Forum
Stage II Melanoma
About This Forum:

Questions in the Cancer Surgery forum cover surgery for all types of cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Stage II Melanoma

I've been diagnosed with Stage II Melanoma.  My doctor said that I may need to have some lymph nodes removed during surgery.  Is there a minimum number of lymph nodes that are usually removed in Stage II melanoma?  What kind of recovery will this require?

Thank you for your help!
Related Discussions
224202_tn?1201198667
Hi,  we cannot stage your melanoma until the lymph nodes are tested.  Therefore the assigned stage is a clinical stage and not complete until lymph nodes, usually (1-3) are removed and examined by pathology.  The recovery depends on location of the nodes, what area of the body.  In the neck region the recovery is very quick, in the underarm or groin area the recovery is usually 1-2 weeks.
3 Comments
Blank
Hi, I have been diagnosed with Stage 11 Melanoma (1.59mm). I went for surgery to removed the Melanoma and 3 lymph nodes. Pathology came out said negative. So my doctor told me that I have T2AON or T2ANO. Is that low risk?? I know I have to check up every six months from now. Am I going to be okay??

Thank you for your help!!
Theresa
Blank
HI, I have the same what you have. I just recovery from surgery and lymph nodes. Pathology said it is negative. Which it is a good news. But my doctor warn me I have to check up every six months for the next five years. Do you have the same thing I have to go though?? Thank you for your sharing with me.

Theresa Gray
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...