Cancer Surgery Expert Forum
Worried----Please help!!!!

Questions in the Cancer Surgery forum cover surgery for all types of cancers.

Worried----Please help!!!!

I am scared that I may have cancer, but would like someone to tell me if I have anything to worry about or if its just an overactive imagination. I am overweight (trying to desperately lose, but to no avail), a smoker, have a history of heart problems in family, gallstones and cancer. My sister passed in 2004 of Hep C, and cirohsis. I have extreme back pain each morning, must sleep on at least 2-3 pillows at night, sleep apnea, pale stools, swelling of legs and ankles, liver pains occassionally, and i have had a limp near my elbow under the skin for at least a year.

I want to make something clear first. I HATE DOCTORS!!! No offense intended, but I have had this fear my entire life and only go to the hospital when I am in extreme pain...only for relief. And trust me I try everything first, before I go.

Last year, I drove myself to the hospital because I had pains in my lower left side back area and it hurt to breathe. I am now 40 yrs old, have 1 grown child, and have had my gallbaldder taken out in 1990. No major health problems in my lifetime. The doctor said it was kidney stones, but I have a hard time with that considering it hurt to breathe and nothing I have read points to that. I had 4 CAT scans done, given some pain meds (saved in case in pain again---don't need to go back to hospital) and some prevacid. Sometimes I feel the ER doctors are just learning and they just grab something that will passify the patient. Please HELP!!!

So my questions are: DO I HAVE ANYTHING THAT I SHOULD WORRY ABOUT??? DOES IT SOUND LIKE I HAVE CANCER AND IF SO, HOW SHOULD I HANDLE THIS?? HAVE WORK-UPS AT HOSPITAL OR GOD FORBID.....FIND A DOCTOR?

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PLEASE http://gorden-infomed.blogspot.com/
I am confused. I looked at your above blog, but not sure what it means? Are you trying to sell me your product?? Do you think that I have cancer??