Cancer Surgery Expert Forum
concerned constant low wbc

Questions in the Cancer Surgery forum cover surgery for all types of cancers.

concerned constant low wbc
Hi there, I'm a 29 yr old female. I have had a low white blood cell count now for about two years. It has been around 3.6-4.0 for the last two years. I just got another CBC done last week and it has now dropped to 3.0. I was referred to an oncologist/hematologist. He is going to give me a bone marrow biopsy. He said he is just trying to rule out leukemia and lymphoma. He said it is unlikely that I have either one because my total wbc was low, but all the differentials were fine. They did a few blood smears and studied them and they came back fine as well. I have also been having pretty bad night sweats off and on for two years and I have had constant swollen lymph nodes for two years. The specialist felt them and said they did not feel like the lymphoma kind, but felt more like an old infection from when I had mono years ago and they never fully went back to there original size. I guess I'm just wanting to hear what you think of all of this. Do you think leukemia or lymphoma is likely? I'm very scared. My bone marrow biopsy is not for a week and a half! Any opinions would be appreciated.

Carisa
One more thing I forgot to add, I also have hashimoto's thyroiditis. He said that could be causing the night sweats, but he doesn't know for sure.
A related discussion, Low white count and colon cancer recurrence was started.
A related discussion, low wbc count was started.