Cancer in Pets Expert Forum
Help, hopefully not cancer...
About This Forum:

This forum is for pet health questions regarding Cancer Treatment. Questions will be answered by a veterinarian.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Help, hopefully not cancer...

MY daughter took her 5 yr. old female (spayed) husky to the vet this morning due to rectal bleeding (noticed the blood when she got up). The vet wants to do a biopsy and potential surgery... what problems could this poor animal have? My daughter rescued her from the dog pound (actually well taken care of there), she is the most wonderful animal I've ever met.  The vet mentioned a cyst or cancer or ...  I am trying to keep a positive attitude but want another opinion on what potential problems could exist. The dog has extreme food allergies, allergic to most grains so she is on a special, restricted diet except for meat. My daughter's funds have been extremely drained by the testing they had to do to get this food allergy diagnosis (thousands of dollars), but needs some further ideas on what may be happening here.  The dog's symptoms are rectal bleeding with what appears to be hemorrhoids or a cyst around the anus.  
Type of Animal
:  
Dog
Age of Animal
:  
~5
Sex of Animal
:  
Female
Breed of Animal
:  
Siberian Husky
Last date your pet was examined by a vet?
:  
November 19, 2009
City
:  
East Lansing
State/Province
:  
MI
Blood Test Results
:  
Awaiting results
X-Ray Results
:  
Not x-rayed today
Other pertinent test results
:  
Not yet, biopsy to be performed if needed..