Cancer in Pets Community
Lymphoma mis-diagnosed?
About This Community:

This community is for questions and support regarding cancer for your pets.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Lymphoma mis-diagnosed?

My 8 year old 120 lb German Shepard was diagnosed with Lymphoma on December 29, 2009.  The cyst aspiration (?) has not been done, diagnosis determined by physical exam only so far.  He's been prescribed 100mg of Prednisone per day and a small amount of change (if any) has occurred in the size of his lymphnodes around his neck, behind front legs, behind back legs in the period of 1 week.  Could he have been mis-diagnosed?  What other conditions lead to swelling in these areas?  Praying for mis-diagnosis.  Any help or suggestions are appreciated.  Thanks
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1258755_tn?1269711095
hi i read your post, noticed its a couple months old. was wondering what ended up happening with your dog? please write me a message as  I dont track posts, thanks!
Blank
i am amazed he was diagnosed just by looking at him. No blood test?  Why?
Im not sure I would dare put my dog on prednisone without confirmed diagnsis.
We hope to hear from you.
Blank
Hi Caroline,
We recently had to put our dog to sleep.  Originally the vet suspected lymphoma.  He had a big lump (tumor) on his neck.  She did the aspiration and sent it to Guelph for conformation.  It turned out to me a mast cell tumor.  Because of where the tumor was he couldn't have surgery.  He was 12 years old and part German Sheppard.  The vet used a new treatment, it's an injection right into the lump.  It did reduce it considerably however, it had grown too much and too quickly so we believe it had spread to his internal organs.  If you haven't already, definitely have them do an aspiration.  I'm not sure of the name of the injection but it is a chemo that is injected.  It's not like the other chemo treatments and is very very inexpensive (under $50) an injection.  If you need anymore information please contact me.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Cancer in Pets Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...