Cancer in Pets Community
My dog is sick

This community is for questions and support regarding cancer for your pets.

My dog is sick

My family's dog is booked into the vets tomorrow, but I am very worried and thought I might post on here in case we need to get her in there as an emergency.

My dog, Tilly, is an eight year old English Staffy.

A few weeks ago, we noticed that after drinking water, she wold come inside and throw it up with some of last nights meal. Obviously, we weren't worried as we took her to the vets and they did some blood tests which came back perfect. These blood tests included checking for Kidney infections etc. For a while, she stopped vomiting as much. Yesterday though, it strarted happening more often again.

This morning, I woke up to find that my dog was being very down. Still now, she is moping around with her tail unbetween her legs and her head down. She is staying near us and seems very worried when jumping off of the sofa or even doing to much physical interaction. Food wise, sometimes she has been leaving some in her bowl but only dog nuts. I tried tempting her this morning with some and she didn't even take a second glance. She does not look physically hurt in any way, and is showing no other signs of being hurt. She is drinking proper amounts of water and in terms of going to the toilet, she is fine.

We are worried that it may be something serious, obviously, previously Tilly was a very happy dog. Of course, she is generally lazy, she has always slept a lot though. The extent of her sleeping has not changed during this last few weeks.

Does anyone know what could be wrong? The only thing I can think of now is something like cancer, really though, it's hard to tell when lately she has been fine until today. We have been doing our best not to leave her on her own and give her company. The photo of her is from right now.
Don't know, but I understand why you're worried.  Bless you for taking such good care of her.  I did have a similar problem with one of my dogs a few years ago, and it turned out to be giardia, which is kind of hard to diagnose but pretty easy to treat.  It was the third vet that I went to who finally got a handle on it.  He remains my primary vet today.  I hope it's nothing serious with Tilly.  Keep us posted, if you feel so moved,.  I'll be thinking about her.
Thank you for replying, since I posted, she has slowly been becoming more lively, wagging her tale more and just looking overall a little bit better. Obviously, she could go downhill again at any moment. My parents are keeping an eye on her until tomorrow.