Cancer in Pets Community
Tumor in Hamster

This community is for questions and support regarding cancer for your pets.

Tumor in Hamster

I have a dwarf hamster whose age is unknown since he was a rescue.  I am guessing about 18 months or so.  He has a red "bubble" on his upper hip/back area.  I took him to the vet she tried to take a sample of it but all that came was blood.  She said it could be a Hematoma or more likely a tumor.  she gave me antibiotics as well as anti inflammatory/pain med.  He has been on it for 5 1/2 days now & I see no change in the tumor.  He is eating fine...sleeping the same and his weight is steady.  Any opinions or experience with this?  I am not doing surgery as I feel it would be too much for him, nor can I really afford it.  
Tags: hamsters
Hi, they say cancer feeds off of carbs & sugar. The K-9 immunity given in smaller doses can be given to your hampster. That may help. I have a hampster for 5 years, he went blind but still knew my voice. He was my mergitroid I called him Mergy oh how I loved him I cried terribly when he finally died. I had him during my teen years. even when he got out of his jail cell( the cage) he never ran away, just went under the dishwasher until morning came and when I called him and he came out - we had a cat so he hid well. I hope this helps.