Cancer in Pets Expert Forum
Tumors
About This Forum:

This forum is for pet health questions regarding Cancer Treatment. Questions will be answered by a veterinarian.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Tumors

Since no test were run the Vet could not tell what kind of tumors the dog had..Just looking at The Breed Can any tell the most common tumor it might have been..Also since the exam a large part of the tumors are gone with no treatment.The boxer seems to be very healthy could or will the tumors return?
Type of Animal
:  
Dog
Age of Animal
:  
Sex of Animal
:  
Male
Breed of Animal
:  
Boxer
Last date your pet was examined by a vet?
:  
September 15, 2009
City
:  
Haltom City
State/Province
:  
Tx
Blood Test Results
:  
no test were run.
X-Ray Results
:  
none
Other pertinent test results
:  
None
Related Discussions
Yes, as Tom says, we will need a lot more information than this.  

I can tell you that Boxers are commonly seen with tumors.  Tumors do not simply regress on their own.  Some tumors removed will also appear to return.  

An 8 year old Boxer would be high on the list for cancer.  if you know more about your case let us know.  
2 Comments
Blank
685623_tn?1283485207
Hi Kinison...I think our doctors are going to need a little more information than what you provided here.

Can you tell us...1) Where were the "tumors" located and how long had they been there?   What did they look like?

2) You say now that "a large part of the tumors" are gone...did the masses shrink, disappear or rupture open?

3) Is my understanding correct that you took your boxer to the veterinarian, they examined the dog and discussed the masses but no tests were run and then the masses started going away without any sort of treatment?

We can definitely discuss common tumors in Boxers as they are a breed who are predisposed to different cancers, but the masses you were seeing could also be something completely different, like an abscess or other localized injury.

If you could provide some additional details, I think we can give you a better answer...
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
234713_tn?1283530259
Aleda M Cheng, D.V.M., C.V.ABlank
American Animal Hospital
Randolph, NJ
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now