Cancer in Pets Expert Forum
help for lymphoma dog
About This Forum:

This forum is for pet health questions regarding Cancer Treatment. Questions will be answered by a veterinarian.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

help for lymphoma dog

Hello all! My beautiful, loving belgian bouvier was recently diagnosed with lymphoma. He is on steroids
( prednisone) and is doing well at the present.He also takes a pepcid daily to help protect his stomach from the steriods.
We have declined radiation /chemotherapy options.
Anyone have any natural remedies that would help strengthen him to fight this devastating diagnosis/disease.
Our main goal is for him to have quality of life, no pain or suffering and of course we would love to have him with us as long as this is possible.

Type of Animal
:  
dog
Age of Animal
:  
8 1/2
Sex of Animal
:  
Male
Breed of Animal
:  
belgian bouvier
Last date your pet was examined by a vet?
:  
October 30, 2009
City
:  
san antonio
State/Province
:  
texas
Blood Test Results
:  
normal
X-Ray Results
:  
abdominal obstruction, ultrasound revealed multiple enlarged lymph nodes in abdomen
Other pertinent test results
:  
enlarged lymph nodes of neck and abdomen
Related Discussions
Hello
I agree with all of Dr. Humphries comments. As a traditionally trained, holistic veterinarian, I work with many dogs with Lymphoma quite successfully.

We recommend an anti-cancer diet, which is posted on this site under my Canine Lymphoma blog and also use a natural, patented pet vitamin supplement called Paaws.

At some future point in time, when and if his appetite declines, you may need to add in prednisolone as well.

Our patients with Lymphoma generally enjoy up to 2 quality years of life post diagnosis.

Thank you,
Dr. Carol Osborne, DVM.
3 Comments
Blank
I would suggest you also post this in the Holistic forum as we have veterinarians that understand the natural support of very sick animals and they can more specifically answer your question.  

Medically I would support this dog with steroids, pain relief meds, good nutrition and supplements.  

Sounds like this is advanced so I hope all your efforts will help him maintain a good quality of life.  When the time comes you will know you have done everything for him... and he was very lucky to have YOU.  

God Bless.  
Blank
1392395_tn?1280084039
A related discussion, 11-yo Doberman w/possible Lymphoma was started.
Blank
6255435_tn?1379866031
A related discussion, artemisin was started.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...
Sep 18 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank