Cancer in Pets Community
my dog stopped eating

This community is for questions and support regarding cancer for your pets.

my dog stopped eating

my dog stopped eating 3 days ago,she is drinking water and licking ice cubes but is sleeping a lot .she has a growth on her nipple which is getting larger ..how can I get her to eat as she has me very worried
Your dog could be sick are you able to get the animal to the local vet or to the animal hospital. My dog died of cancer about a year ago from the same conditions your dog is suffering but it could be different. The tests they run are simple but costly. Some animal hospitals take pet insurance if all depends on your vet. Keep the dog hydrated and resting in one spot try not to mess with her  to much and check on the dog regularly to see what the out come of her or his condition is.

The growth on her nipple is what my dog has she died of leukemia she was only 9 years old when she past away. If your worried about the food consumption try to get some puppy formula and some soft food. if she is refusing to eat all together the formula is the best bet for now since it is from mother dogs breast milk it will help her to gain some weight. Try to keep your composer and not be crying to frighten around her because she will see that and sense it and she will not react to you normally.

I know your worry i been threw the same thing and i hope your able to get your dog to the vet i am not saying it could be cancer or leukemia but it also can be twisted stomach that is a condition of where the dog eats or drinks to fast and the inner stomach turns inside out the vet can fix that with a simple surgery but depending on what her condition is the vet can rule that out on  what the dog is dealing with her illness can be simple to difficult it all depends on what the vet is recommending that the cause of the illness can be cured or not.

I wish there was more to tell you but your doing all you can do just take the dog to the vet and see what happens. Rest and hydration is all you can do keep her rested and hydrated..
Agree with kristy122, your dog needs a vet's care.  By the time they quit eating, they are feeling really bad.  I'm sorry for the situation.