Cancer Community
felt a lump behind my knee

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

felt a lump behind my knee

I found a lump behind my knee I thought it was my muscle it don't hurt, I went to my PCP to have him evaluate it and he said it felt soft not hard but that I should go for an ulrtasound and MRI. I had the ultrasound done with no results yet and they did call me to tell me they want to take more pictures. I am of course scared to death. I also got the approval for the MRI which is being done today right after the ultrasound. Is there anyone out there who could tell me what this could possibly be? I am a woman who is 60 yrs old and pretty much healthy. I have been doing nothing but crying because I'm so worried. You can post answer here or send email to ***@****