1cm nodule on adrenal gland
Had CT scan due to stomach pain and drs found 1cm nodule on my left adernal gland. They didn't seemed concerned about it and just told me to come back in 6 months to see if its changed. Anyone else had any dealings this? Most of the research I have read said that anything less than 3cm is most likely beniegn. Thanks for your help.
Hi.
It would be best to regularly follow-up with your physician in order to know if the 1cm nodule in your adrenal gland will increase in size, and if you develop other symptoms. Laboratory examinations and a repeat CT scan may be warranted.
I also had a scan and they found a 9 mm nodule on my adrenal gland, as well as high blood pressure and beginning phases of type 2 diabetes, all they have done is put me on 2 blood pressure med's, diet and testing meter to test my blood sugar.  My blood pressure is still going up and down I am eating a very monitored diet and my sugar still goes up and down and I feel bad?  Do you have any suggestions?
If you have an adrenanl cyst/nodule and episodes of high blood pressure, I would ask to be tested for pheochromocytoma - ask for the newest blood test specifically - plasma free metanephrine.  The urine catacholamine and the old blood test are not nearly as accurate.

A small cyst can cause big problems - mine was 11mm and my health became so poor that I could barely function.  Even though the cyst may not be 'cancer', it can still emit adrenaline.

take care,
bridget
I was diagnose with a pheochromcytoma on my right adrenanl gland.  My doctors told my that it was very rare.  My doctors are talking about moving my right adrenanl glands. Is there anyone out there that hhad this surgery done? If so what was your outcome?

Melissa
i went into er with adominal pain they did a cat scan of abdomen an pelvis found perforated diverticulitis an also there was a 2.5 x 2.0 nodulle on my right adrenal gland an not to mention also a 1 cm cyst on right kidney Should i consult my physician about further testing?