2 cm opacity in the right lung.
My husband just got an X Ray and here is what the report says:  There is subtle 2 cm opacity in the right lung base. There are COPD changes, there is no pleural effusion or pneumothorax.  The cardiomediastinal silhouette and pulmonary vasculature are normal.  Bony thorax, thoracic spine and visualized upper abdomen are normal.  Would you please tell me what all means?  He is scheduled for CAT scan.

How is your husband? The significant chest x-ray findings are the presence of the 2-cm opacity in the right lung base and COPD changes. At this point, however, additional information such as the symptoms present or  medical history of the patient are important considerations in finding out the  nature of the opacity in the right lung base. The CT scan result would also be very helpful in determining the diagnosis.  It is best that you discuss the results with your doctor for proper evaluation. Take care and do keep us posted with the CT scan result. Best regards.
kakakuha lng po namin ng xray result and it says:

there is homogeneous opacity in the right upper lung field
adjacent rib cage is eroded

IMPRESSION: condiser pulmonary newgrowth,right upper lobe with adjacent bone erosion.

ano po ang ibig sabihin nito?salamat po.