Cancer Expert Forum
3 Month post surgery

MedHelp's International Cancer forum. Questions related to Cancer will be answered by a medical expert.

3 Month post surgery
Hi,  I have a 3 months post op checkup tomorrow.  I had a hysterecompy in May 09 and was wondering what test/exams   needs to be done during the check up.   I would like an idea of what to expect.   Thanks.
What was your diagnosis for which hysterectomy was done?
Please let me know so that I can advise accordingly.
Good Luck!
Dr Saini

Dr.  Saini

It was for endometrial cancer.

Thanks.
Since adjuvant treatment has not been advised after surgery, I assume that you must have had an early stage endometrial cancer.
You should go to your oncologist every 3 to 6 months for the first 2 years, and then at 6 to 12 months interval. If you notice vaginal bleeding, weight loss or abdominal or pelvic pain, please consult your oncologist urgently.
You should expect a general physical examination, a pelvic examination (for vaginal cytology), blood tests (perhaps including CA 125), and and imaging tests (ultrasound, and perhaps chest X ray). The specific tests vary a bit according to institutional protocol.
Best Regards,
Dr Saini
Thanks Dr.  Saini.