Cancer Community
Abnormal Blood Counts
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Abnormal Blood Counts

Hi, I am a 21 yr old female, who has many medical issues, including multiple serious nerve pain issues, autoimmune issues, tumors [so far, all benign] etc. Just went to my oncologist, and blood work was abnormal...usually my blood work is pretty stable, despite all of my  issues. The only thing that has been consistently high for years has been my Abs. Eosinophil and Eosinophil counts, and I have no allergies or asthma [only medication allergies]. This set of bloodwork, I had a Low RBC, Low Hemocrit, Low MPV [Mean Platelet Volume], High Lymphocytes, and Low Neutrophils. My WBC was near the low end of the range, but still in range. I am worried about some sort of blood cancer or other cancer, and I am not sure how to differenciate between my blood work now and my current health problems. The only new symtoms (symptoms) I have are : loss of 9 pounds in one month, new enlarged lymph nodes in upper neck and righ armpit, and low grade fever of, consistently, around 100.2 - 100.5 degrees, and a lot of new bruising. I have an appt. with my oncologist tomorrow, but I worry because she, for the most part, blew off these blood work results because I do have SO many other issues. I am thinking of changing doctors, but wanted to know if anyone had similar issues or could shed a little insight?

Thanks SO much!

:D