Abnormal CT and PET
I am a 44 y/o female with a history of renal cell carcinoma in '94. I had a radical nephrectomy with no chemo/radiation. In January I had a CT scan that showed "multiple noncalcified nodules in the upper and lower lung lobes, the largest measuring 7mm, metastatic deposits cannot be excluded...a few hyperplastic mediastinal lymph nodes...a hypodense 11mm structure in the right kidney which is not as hypodense compared to a previous CT".

I then had a PET scan 2 weeks later which didn't exclude any of the above so they are advising PET scans every 3 months. I just had a second PET scan a month ago which showed no changes.

I have noticed recently I becomed "winded" easily when walking distances.

I don't understand what the information / terminology means and I need clarification to better realize if this is a true threat or if this is something that could turn into something more serious in the near future. If someone could break this down for me I would really appreciate it.

This discussion is related to could this be cancer.