Aa
A
A
Close
Abnormal pap smear.
Hi my name is Christine, and about a month ago I went in to see my doctor with a really bad cramping in my left side, near my ovaries. She did a papsmear and i got a call from her saying high grade squamous Intraepithelial Lesion HSIL. She then referred me to a doctor who I will be seeing in about a month. But in the mean time, the pain has gotten a lot worse. It hurts my whole pelvis, my lower back and down my left leg.I also have swollen lymph nodes in my groin area, and all over my neck. I also keep getting really sick. I'll get a fever, runny nose, and a horrible cough that hurts really bad, and just as I start to feel better, it comes right back. I dont feel like my immune system is working right, but my doctor says its because I smoke. Im 25 years old, Ive only been smoking for 5 years. I understand that cigs arent good for me, but i really find it hard to believe that is the cause of my repeated infection with whatever virus Im getting. I really need some advice on what to do, please! I cant take being in horrible pain all the time and being sick. What should I do? And what is wrong with me? I pay my doctor for nothing. She cant even give me a logical reason as to why this could be happening to me.
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
You need to give your doctor another call and tell her how sick you are feeling.

OK once you mentioned lesion it reminded me of what I went through when I was around your age. I too had a lesion on my cervix and what they did at the time - which was in the 80's was they froze the lesion. I think it was called cryosurgery. Mine was cancerous and the cryosurgery took care of it. I did have to keep going back to the doctor every 6 months so they could keep an eye on things, but after about a year and a half I only had to go to the doctor once a year. Anyway, this happened to me 21 years ago and I haven't had a problem since then. I really can't remember what the name was that they called the lesion, but it could be about the same thing. I do remember hearing and seeing the word dyplasia though. My symptoms at the time were spotting blood.

If you look in my profile you will see I had a hysterectomy - the lesion had nothing to do with me having to have a hysterectomy. It was my ovaries and uterus that were giving me the problems.

I really hope this gets resolved for you soon! Chin up :)
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Cancer Community Resources