Adenocarcinoma invasive Cervical Cancer
My 49 year old sister has been recently diagnosed with adenocarcinoma cervical cancer - she will have a radical hysterectomy tomorrow.  Unfortunately it had been 5 years since her last pap smear.  She has had a history of kidney stones and concentrated on this illness.  Her kidney doctor told her that she had "atypical cells" over a year ago but did not suggest further tests.  She had a cone biopsy and it reported atypical cells.  Can someone explain this to me?  Thanks so much!
A cone biopsy is what I had that gave the Docs the cellular information that I had cervical cancer.  The PAP smear was done prior to the cone biopsy that diagnosed suspicious cells.  I chose to have a hysterectomy eventhough I was 40 y/o and had not had children.  The uterus was removed and I have had two three month followups with no signs of any cancer.  So, I do feel like I was aggressive in treatment and it worked out.  Do keep in mind that there are different levels of invasiveness of the cancer and mine was the lowest level of invasiveness because I caught it early because of the PAP smear and then the biopsy.  I would suggest that you request a copy of the radiology report of the "atypical cells".  Once you have that, request the doc review it with you.  Always helps me to have something in writing.  Hoping this is what you were looking for ??? Kara