Cancer Community
Advice on head pressure, other symptoms
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Advice on head pressure, other symptoms

Hi,

Last summer I felt dizzy all of a sudden while just sitting down. I got scared because I didn't know what was going on. I then got my blood pressure taken at it was abnormally high (something around 140/100). I felt this intense head pressure as well. I went to the emergency room where they did a CT scan on me and found nothing. I continued to feel bad (nauseous, head pressure, etc.) and was put on head pressure and anxiety medication. The doctor thought I head anxiety problems that were causing these symptoms. During this month I felt like I was going to die. After about a month I got better and went off to college. During college I had a few episodes of the head pressure/pain, nausea, minor vision problems in one eye, etc. So they did an MRI on me and found nothing as well (expect minor sinus problem). They put me on sinus medication.

I still continue to have on and off head pressure/pain and still minor problems in one eye. I feel better though then I did last summer. However, I have been feeling more tired lately and head some chest pains as well as continuing on and off head pains. I also have a ringing sensation in my ears. It is definitely bearable but I still can feel that its there. Do you think this is anything serious (brain tumor, etc.) or do you think it is just my anxiety? Should I go see the doctor again for a checkup? Since its been a year already since I first developed these symptoms and they have not necessarily gotten worse, could it still be a brain tumor?

Thanks!