Cancer Community
After Operation

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

After Operation

hello my name is noel,
A few weeks ago my mother age 65 had an operation on her bowel to see if contained any cancer cells, she had the operation that lasted from 10am till 4.30pm after it she was very worn out needless to say, but 2 days later she seem ok and in good sprites still in hospital of course, but that was last week this week she seems like she 10 years older, she is still in hospital and the doctor said she was low on potassium and that’s common after an operation like this so, now to day they said she is dehydrated and they put her on a drip, its just hard seeing my mother lying their she is such a good person, I mean I am sure they will get to bottom of it and she will be ok, but was wondering is their anything I can do to speed up the process, the test results showed no cancer,