Cancer Expert Forum
Aluminum Foil

MedHelp's International Cancer forum. Questions related to Cancer will be answered by a medical expert.

Aluminum Foil

Hello Dr.,

A few months ago I made the mistake of smoking marijuana out of a makeshift pipe.  A component of the pipe was a piece of aluminum foil that i used to place the marijuana on.  Now I am worried about the health consequences of placing a flame near the aluminum, thus vaporizing it and inhaling it.  I am primarily worried because I remember having a slight headache afterward. I don't really remember how long the headache lasted, but I remember that it wasn't that severe and didn't last into the next day (I went to bed shorty after smoking). I also remember the foil looking burnt, and there is the possibility that the part where I poked holes in it for the smoke to travel through to be missing(vaporized).

Now I am worried that I have put a carcinogenic metal in my body, and since I am not a Doctor or Biologist, I am not sure of how the body goes about removing heavy metals or if it even does, and if this limited exposure is even anything to be upset about. I have become very anxious and regretful over this matter lately and would really appreciate to hear a Doctor's input.

Thank you for taking the time to read.
It is good that you have realized that smoking is unhealthy and that taking drugs is dangerous.
I suggest that you stop thinking too much about the burnt aluminium foil and the vapors you may have inhaled. There is nothing that you can do about it now. It is unlikely that a single exposure will have serious long-term health hazards. The headache you described may have been trigerred by the marijuana itself. Dont worry about it.
Make sure that never smoke marijuana or even nicotine cigarettes again.
All the best, and God Bless!
Dr.,

Thank you for your prompt response.  One of the things that worried me was the headache because I had smoked marijuana often before this experience and never experienced a headache. Regardless, I have quit smoking and am taking better care of myself. Thanks for doing a great service on here!

Have a great day.
Thanks for the kind words. Please continue to abstain.
Good Luck!