Cancer Expert Forum
Are hard, immobile lumps always a concern?
About This Forum:

MedHelp's International Cancer forum. Questions related to Cancer will be answered by a medical expert.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Are hard, immobile lumps always a concern?

Last winter I had a very bad cold. A few weeks later, I noticed a hard, painless, immobile lump about 2 cm above my right ear. It is not attached to the skin and is about the size and shape of an almond. I thought maybe it was a lymph node or something related to the cold and didn't think much of it.

Six months later, it is still there. It has not grown and I have no other symptoms. I have an upcoming physical with my doctor and will definitely show it to him, but how concerned should I be? I have a very high insurance deductible so I would have to pay for all tests out of pocket, so it would be good to have a general idea of how aggressively I should pursue this.