Are my hives linked to cancer?
I started having physical hives about 8 months ago. I have been seen several times by doc. The hives occur all day long, when ever I touch my skin and stays for a 1 hour or so after the outbreak. I have a sense of itch and then I finally give in, as soon as I do it burns and then the hives start.  Other symptoms are :stomach pain (bloating, gas,pain) tired all the time,  achy body, recently having hemoids. I have tried several meds and nothing is working. Should I asked to be tested for something? What kind of specialist could help me, besides an allergist (already tried that)? My doctor believes its stress - but I think it is something else. I have heard chronic hives may be related to cancer? IIf so what kind? Help me!!!!!
Hi.  I haven't come across literature about "hives" as a cancer symptom.  Itching and rashes (not necessarily hives) in cancer patients may be due to the cancer itself, or to the medications the patient is being given.  

Some cancers, like pancreatic cancer and certain lymphomas, are associated with symptoms of itching.  In pancreatic cancer, the tumor may block the flow of bile as it grows larger. This causes bile to be dammed back into the circulation.  Eventually, bile gets deposited in the skin, causing irritation and itching. Some types of lymphomas produce substances which can directly cause itching.

I think your symptoms are serious enough to warrant a consult with an internist, although I don't think the set of symptoms you described are cancer-related.