Cancer Community
Back to Chemotherapy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

Back to Chemotherapy

My wife who had uterus and ovaries removed due to cancer and underwent Chemo for about a year that ended in March of 2011, is scheduled to return to Chemo next week.

She has gotten a CT scan periodically as a check on the previous cancer and the second of the last two CT scans has  confirmed that there is cell activity inside her chest/stomach cavity that did not respond/stabilize to the first defense, some hormone medications, started after the previous CT scan about two months previously.  She goes back on chemotherapy next week.  

This causes her to stop her volunteer work at the hospital and return to going there for cancer treatment - thus a real downturn emotionally - as well a frightening.  .  The Oncologist also ordered a needle biopsy (they use a long needle to get a sample of the tissue/growth rather than open the patient up to get the sample) which will tell us if the growth is just active cells or cancer cells.

I post mostly to see what others who have had to return to chemo after being in remission (if that is what it is called) for a year or two, can share on this situation.