Cancer Community
Big Red Lump on Side of Neck - Cancer??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

Big Red Lump on Side of Neck - Cancer??

Hi i have a bright red lump on the side of my neck which has been there for about 3 weeks. It doesnt hurt and when it first appeared it did ooze a bit of puss but hasnt done since and i keep tryign to squeeze but nothing happens and it isnt going down or changing. I am a bit worried after reading things on the internet that this could be cancer. I do suffer with lumps and spots now and again so may be worrying about nothing but i am really worried can you help? I am not sure what to do.
Avatar n tn
Hi.
How are you doing?
It is possible that the big red lump on the side of your neck is a localized infection like a beginning abscess.  It is very important not to manipulate the lump by squeezing as it will just worsen the condition.  You should consult your doctor for proper evaluation and management.
Good luck.