Cancer Community
Big lump on back of neck, need help...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

Big lump on back of neck, need help...

Hi, I have a pretty good size lump on the back of my neck. I can move it around, as if its connected to the inside of my skin. I started developing it years ago, like at least 7 years. It has slowly grown over time. It started out the size of a pimple & I think I remember popind it (Sorry to gross ya out). When I popped it, a very white substance came out, not yellowish like a pimples. As it grew I could no longer pop it, its just a big lump now. Just recently some strange small bumps have been developing in the region around my neck & upper shoulders. I think it may be relevant to the lump, but not sure. I do not have them anywhere else. The lump never itches or hurts, & has no red color or anything. I am very poor & really cannot afford to see a doctor. I was wondering if anyone has some advise, or does anyone know what this sounds like? I am afraid that it is cancer or a tumor. Please let me know what you think, thank you.
From your description, it seems that you have swollen lymph nodes.
There could be many causes for it, both cancer, as well as non-cancer.
Unfortunately, it is of no use speculating what it could be; and you must see a doctor soon to diagnose it.
See if some government agency etc can help out.
I wish you good luck.