Bile Drainage after Whipples
Could you tell me what your bile drainage was like after your Whipples? My husband had the procedure on August 6th, and now on August 16th, he is still putting out about 2000ml per day, I read somewhere here that usual amount is about 2-500 for the first 24-48 hours. Do you have any information on this that may help, the doctors don't seem too worried about my husband, but I am.

This discussion is related to Post Whipple Question Again.
I had my Whipple done in Dec of '06, and if I recall correctly, my drainage was waaay more than 500. Course, I had drainage tubes everywhere, it seemed and felt like they had to change/empty them all the time. Even took a couple of them home with me and came back in to get them drained. If you are very concerned, call your doctor and ask again. He is there to allay your fears, as well as treat the patient. I hope this helps a little bit.
Shannon